Stella's Hair Etc.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007



This is the longest I've ever gone without a retightening. My last retightening was 8 weeks ago! Due to vacations, travel, work etc.. I had to push my retightening appointment out 8 weeks. My consultant was so relaxed about the whole thing and I don't have a problem with seeing my roots so I agreed. I haven't had any issues with slippage and bunching. I also regularly finger comb my hair in an effort to avoid stray hairs joining in with neighbor locks.

So what have I done during these past 8 weeks? Well, I went swimming once. I worked out 5 days a week. I shampooed 4 times. I've done braid outs and soft-spike sets. I also reached my 9 month locversary.

For the last 2 days, I've been wearing a French roll with bangs in the front and back (is there a special name for bangs in the back?). Please don't tell me I have a mullet.

I am definitely ready for my retightening. Now I remember how when I used to wear braids and I hated when I had enough new growth to lift the braids so they appeared to be "floating" above my scalp. With Sisterlocks, 6 weeks between retightenings works well for me.

At 9 months my hair is changing. One day, when I was playing with my locks, I realized how different they feel. They are no longer soft and squishy feeling. They are becoming more compact and solid. They also look fuzzier than before.






Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 9 Months. Your locks are looking good! Wow 8 weeks is a long time. I wonder what my hair would like if I waited that long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home