Huntington Beach California
At the end of June, my DH and I took a short trip to California. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Resort in H. B. It was absolutely beautiful. There was a bridge that we walked over from the resort that led right to the beach. It was a comfortable 76 degrees during our stay.
We ate breakfast outside and enjoyed the scenery.
Then we headed to the beach and looked out over the Pacific and got our feet wet. The water was way to cold for me. We just enjoyed walking along the beach watching the brave ones splashing around in the surf.
On a hair note, I really am enjoying the freedom of Sisterlocks tm. I did a braid-out before my trip and it lasted until I went swimming in the heated pool which was another testimony to the freedom I am experiencing will locked hair. While in the pool, I got a few compliments and questions about my hair by other A-A women. All the classics (well not the press-n-curl) were represented in the pool, weaves, relaxers and extensions. I was happy to just see Sistas in the water even if some of them refused to get their hair wet. Hopefully, I've encouraged a few to convert!

I added a picture (upper righthand corner of this post) to show my hair at dinner a few hours after I got out of the pool and shampooed. That's me free-styling on the right!
At the end of June, my DH and I took a short trip to California. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Resort in H. B. It was absolutely beautiful. There was a bridge that we walked over from the resort that led right to the beach. It was a comfortable 76 degrees during our stay.
On a hair note, I really am enjoying the freedom of Sisterlocks tm. I did a braid-out before my trip and it lasted until I went swimming in the heated pool which was another testimony to the freedom I am experiencing will locked hair. While in the pool, I got a few compliments and questions about my hair by other A-A women. All the classics (well not the press-n-curl) were represented in the pool, weaves, relaxers and extensions. I was happy to just see Sistas in the water even if some of them refused to get their hair wet. Hopefully, I've encouraged a few to convert!
I added a picture (upper righthand corner of this post) to show my hair at dinner a few hours after I got out of the pool and shampooed. That's me free-styling on the right!
Labels: Huntington Beach

7 Comments:
Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog.
I noticed that you went swimming without banding-and-braiding (I assume). I have a church trip to the beach coming up near the end of this month, and I'm leery of getting my hair wet, especially since I'm only 6 mths SL'd and still have to band and braid when shampooing. That tip you mentioned about saturating your hair first with fresh water, I read about it in Kinky Awakening's blog, but even so, I'm still concerned, mostly about getting sand in my locks, and the whole hassle of probably having to explain to folks why I've plaited my hair and have elastic bands at the end. Oh well. I guess I can just get my feet wet, like you did :)
Anyway, I like your locks and the different looks you've been rocking.
Hi N'drea, I have never banded. I just braid my hair in about 8 plaits before I wash. I have had a truely wonderful locked journey so far.
I was not risking getting sand in my hair since I'm not fully locked and have to wash gently I didn't want to have to manipulate the locks too much. Swimming in the pool was great. I thought about cornrowing my locks straight back before getting in the pool then I thought, "what the heck" and jumped right on in there.
I'm going to try to copy your Birthday style this weekend.
Hi,
Thank you for stopping by my blog for a comment. Your locks look great. i can't wait until I can get into the pool freely!
Your hair looks great. See I never thought about getting in the pool, since I can't swim, but at least you got some folks to see the freedom to get their hair wet. You looked like you had a great time.
Hello I finally figured out how to navigate a little, your locs are lovely! I wish I had the energy to style I have been letting them do what ever they want to do....I know lazy! Marianne
HeY, ThaNkz sO MuCH For ThE LoVe On My PagE i ActUaLLy JuST leARnEd HoW To CoMMeNt SO Im SUpEr ExCiTeD To HAVE YoU Be ThE FiRsT OnE i CoMmeNt On!BuT Ne WhO, YoU Are SO LuCkY To HAve BeAUtIfUl aNd StRoNg LoCks, Im StiLL In My ChiCkEn STAgE ANd I CAnt Do ANyThInG WiTh It, BuT HoPeFuLLy In A MonTh Or 2 i can! DoNt Be SuRpRiSeD If YoU See YoUr HaiRstYlEs on My HeaD LoLxx
BuT I do NeeD HeLp On SoMeThInG Idk hOw To gEt ThaT PiCtUrE NeXt to My InFo aNd i WaS WoNdErInG If YoU CoUld Help! Just HiT Me Up On My Page If You haVe aNy ADvIcE!
i really like your blog is very interesting
now i'm writting my own blog about afro hair but is in spanish:)
congrats for the blog
Post a Comment
<< Home