


Let me take a step back and revisit the not-so-distance past. These are pictures of me wearing my curly phony pony which I pinned under to get that bun/puff effect. I'm also showing a side view of my cornrowed front up into a micro bun which I wouldn't step outside my door without attaching my phony pony (p.p.) first. Then finally, my hair free of "attachments" and ready for a shampoo.
Although it doesn't look like it, my hair was actually 7-9" long at this point. I would shampoo and condition weekly then apply some product, brush it into a band and tie it up in a scarf overnight. By morning my hair would be hugging my scalp tight and ready for the phony pony and hair pins.
Side note: I threw all the p.p.'s out the morning after I was Sister Locked and that felt really good!

2 Comments:
Yeah, I look back too at some of the hairstyles I wore and I think to myself, what was I thinking???.
We are so new to this SL journey, and I do mean journey, but I know it will be all worth it.
It sounds like you are finally breathing...deeply for the first time.
Wow! 7 to 9 inches of natural hair. And you were hiding it under "phony ponys".
Thank you God, for Sisterlocks™ and Dr. Cornwell!
Sis. RJQueen10
Post a Comment
<< Home